Over the years, Goshen Economic Development has enjoyed strong support from local businesses and industries, city government, and most importantly, the wonderful citizens of Goshen County.
Thanks to continued voter approval of the ¼ penny sales tax (which funds our Progress Program), we’ve been able to invest $1.2 million in Goshen County businesses, non-profits, and municipalities!
What do those investments look like, you might ask?
Let’s take a look at the projects we consider our “greatest hits,” from the inception of the ¼ penny sales tax to now.
Goshen Economic Development’s Greatest Hits
Helping local businesses start up, expand, or relocate
Making community improvements
- Fort Laramie Splash Pad
- LaGrange Heritage Square
- LaGrange Walking Path
- Lingle Community Center
- Yoder Water Tower
Completing special partner projects
- Eastern Wyoming College – ATEC Building for the Agriculture program
- Goshen County Irrigation District – canal collapse relief
- Emergency assistance grants for Goshen County businesses that had to close for business due to COVID
Hosting community-building events
- Annual ag breakfast
- Goshen County Fair Parade
- 3rd Thursdays
- Trunk or Treat/Safety Treat
- Veterans Banner Program
- Small Business Saturday
- Shop Small – Fort Laramie
- Two-day Christmas celebration and parade
- Christmas parade
- Main Street events throughout the year
Providing important infrastructure to municipalities
- All Goshen County community centers
- Municipal fire trucks and ambulances
- Municipal water, sewer and other special projects
- Walking paths in Torrington and LaGrange
Curious how Goshen Economic Development is helping our community?
Our newsletter covers it all, from celebrating local businesses, to sharing information about upcoming events.